eCycle, Inc. and Machineart have collaborated on the design of a new hybrid motorcycle
The Concept eCycle is a series hybrid featuring the eCycle SolidSlot? brushless motor/generator that can be used with variety of small displacement gas and diesel engines. The motorcycle operates much like a hybrid automobile in which both the engine and electric motor operate efficiently together. The electric motor is used for torque demands such as acceleration and passing and the gas or diesel motor for cruising and charging the batteries. It can be programmed for all electric operation for limited distances.
The purpose of the eCycle’s Concept program is to demonstrate eCycle’s
Concept Design Goals:
1. Showcase the eCycle PLATFORM. The platform is the product, designed to be rational, rideable, and beautiful in its naked state.
2. Excite potential customers by designing complete vehicle variations showing PLATFORM design possibilities.
3. Visually express “Hybrid Technology”.
* The front suspension is a single-sided swing arm design matched perfectly to the aluminum monocoque frame.
* The chassis is asymmetrical
* eCycle’s hybrid powertrain ideally lends itself to a forkless, single-sided front suspension.
* A SolidSlot? brushless motor/generator provides electric power - 42VDC up to 400A
* A wide range of engines is possible
* The battery bank consists of three 12 volt cells
* The Wheels are 16 x 3, CNC precision machined from pressure cast aluminum blanks manufactured by All American Wheel.
* The front brake is an inside-out rotor with an opposed piston caliper with Performance Friction pads and is integrated with the front suspension upright.
* The rear brake consists of a single-piston caliper with a floating rotor and Performance Friction brake pads
* The tires are Pirelli MT75; the front is 100/80-16 and the rear 120/80-16
* The 2 speed transmission designed by eCycle
* The final drive is Gates Polychain 30/71
* The fuel tank capacity is .90 gallons
* Front suspension is torsion complemented by a coil-over adjustable Penske Racing Shock
* The rear suspension is a coil-over adjustable Penske Racing Shock
* The wheelbase is 50 inches
* Fully programmable vehicle management system
* Weight is 220lbs (100kg)